? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Lesson in Healing

Last night was the end of the Arts in Healing Class that this was the final project for. While I still have work to do on it, I am very proud of what I have done here.

For me this class was a way to begin a healing process that has been put off for so long due to prolonged exposure to more tragedy, more death.

The project was difficult at times and very time consuming but it never felt like work.

As my classmates presented their projects, I felt a peace and relief coming over each one of us. I was captured by some of the stories and my heart ached for some who are still experiencing pain and heartache.

We all bared our souls, and the class listened without judgement. We exposed ourselves in a place that was warm and loving and I think we all felt inspired by our stories.

The class was like a giant therapy class. Everyone was given a turn to share and we ended with an incredible presentation of a beautiful ceremony for healing and peace. It couldnt have ended any other way.

After the class everyone talked to each other and listened and one very sweet woman came up to me and said "I want to give you a hug, would that be ok?"

I am a hugger. I think hugging someone is one of the greatest ways to express comfort when there are no words. My husband and children disagree and find hugging awkward and uncomfortable. They are all unable to express most of their feelings and I think it is easier to hide when you are standing away from someone, not enveloped in their arms.

Thank you for your hug. I truly appreciated it.

After saying goodbye to KD and Marianne, I felt such a sense of peace as I walked to my car. I thought that I would feel that way because I would have Tuesday nights back again, but I was actually dissapointed that I wouldnt be there anymore.

No, the peace I felt was the beginning of a road of healing that I am going to finally allow myself.

If anyone is reading this and would like to include their stories or poems or anything you can leave a comment on any of the posts or you can email me at
mrsbeasley123@yahoo.com.

You all have made a difference in my life with your stories and I appreciate how much it took to do that.

It was a lesson in healing and I think this is one lesson we all deserve an A in.

0 comments: