? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Healing Lesson #2

When I came up with this idea to write a dedication blog for my final project, I didnt think it would be this hard. I knew all the stories were in my head and I just had to put them together and get them down "on paper".

The idea of the class, the healing, is truly coming through as I find myself crying as I am writing or laughing to myself about some of the stories. I find it emotionally draining to sit for an extended period of time and write such personal things. I cant help but make jokes and I know that may be offensive to some people but that is my way of moving forward. I love to laugh and I believe it is a big part of the healing process.

Healing lesson #2
Things I have learned along the way

I have learned to remember that we are only here for a short time. We only have one chance to journey through our days and make an impression that will last after we are gone.

It is very hard to remember that, when homework is due, the kids need shoes, the cesspool backs up. The day to day drearyness that tries to undo our perfectly planned life is what we have to watch out for. It can easliy engulf us and we will drown under the weight of it.

I laugh now.

As often as I can.

Quick Example...

My husband has a 2003 Nissan Murano that he loves and treats like his fifth daughter. It has 150,000 miles on it and can only live so long. About 6 months ago he was coming home from work when he got hit in the back.

Wait... here is the first funny part...the girl who hit him was a 19 year old girl with a bird on her shoulder.

Yes a bird.

Not only is that bizarre and weird but my husband is petrified of birds.

He walks up to her car to see if she is ok and sees the bird and says "oh you are ok, good you better stay in the car"

It was annoying and it was a pain, getting the car towed, getting a rent a car but everyone was ok, no one was hurt and the girl and the bird went on their way.

We call her pirate girl.

A few weeks ago, my husband is on his way to work and he calls me...

Nancy, you arent going to believe this.

I just got hit again in the back by another 19 year old girl.

My first response.. of course.

Did she have a bear in the car?

My husband sometimes forgets to be grateful and I have to remind him with inappropriate timing for my humor.

A bear?... why would she have a bear in the car.

I dont know the other girl had a bird.

I was passing by where the accident was and I beeped and waved.

He looked angry but I reminded him that no one got hurt and there was no bird in the car. Two things to be grateful for.

We just got the car back Thursday.

He was so happy to see his car that he had it cleaned and waxed. I think he may have kissed it hello.

Maybe not but you know what I mean.

Tuesday June 30th...I have a doctors appt in the city. My husband has a meeting in the city. We decide to go in together. Should we take his car or my car? I have no gas. The decsision is made then. We take his car and I keep thinking, this isnt a good idea, city drivers are crazy.

I drive all the way home in the car and go to work.

On my way home from work,(I live 1 and 1/2 miles from work)I am sitting at a stop light and all of a sudden...

BAM!!!

I get hit in the back... by a Lexus Truck.

I call my husband. You arent going to believe this. I just got hit in the back of your car.

Silence.

Are you ok?

I dont think so I said.

And then an ambulance came and took me away.

The brand new bumper, totally smashed, the fender, broken off, the tailgate, bashed in.

Me... a concussion, and whiplash, and hoping nothing else.

After they came and towed the car yesterday morning... I said to my husband, did the auto body place laugh when you brought the car in.

No he said they were really upset.

Really I said... I would have laughed. I thought they may have installed a magnetic bumper.

How do you feel he said?

I feel like I got hit by a truck.

And then I laughed because you have to.


0 comments: